Reflecting On The Blessings
Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on all the blessings we have been given in life. It is a time for us to show our gratitude and appreciation through acts of kindness and hospitality to others. We may be thankful for an abundance of different things, such as: our good fortune, health, a promotion at work or a new opportunity.
Another thing to be thankful for is our fitness. Our fitness is more than just our physical well-being, it also contributes greatly to our spiritual, emotional and mental well-being. Here are 10 reasons why we should be thankful for fitness.
1. Exercise helps many cope with stress and anger and allows us to release that tension in a healthy way.
2. Exercise helps to ward off sickness and reduces your risk for chronic illness. Studies have shown that regular exercise can give a boost to your immune system and prevent you from getting sick as often. It can also reduce your risk for diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer, and osteoporosis.
3. Exercise is a great social experience. When we exercise with friends or loved ones, it gives us an opportunity to feel good and form deeper connections around a shared love of fitness.
4. Exercise benefits the mind. It can help you think more clearly and studies show that a regular fitness routine helps to increase cognitive function and improves blood flow to the brain.
5. Exercise is a blessing, not a chore. Holidays are great at reinforcing why we should be thankful for fitness. When we work out we are also grateful that we physically can do so.
6. Exercise allows you to achieve a total body, cardio and weight training workout. It can that help you grow stronger, build endurance, and improve your fitness.
7. Exercise helps boosts confidence as it shows positive physical changes over time. Who doesn’t love it when they look in the mirror and see that all their hard work is making a difference?
8. Exercise allows you to set goals, smash those goals, and challenge yourself to achieve greater success.
9. Exercise and fitness blogs, like the NuStep blog, help to motivate and inspire individuals to get active. The NuStep blog creates a fitness community based on mutual enjoyment of exercise with NuStep recumbent cross trainers.
10. Lastly exercise feels good! When you complete a workout, you may feel winded, but you also experience an overwhelming feeling of euphoria and accomplishment. A good workout can set the tone for how your whole day may unfold. It can leave you feeling more ambitious, goal-driven and can help you achieve all the items on your to-do list with a positive mind-frame and “can-do” attitude.
From all of us at NuStep, we wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!