INCLUSIVE EXERCISE EQUIPMENT FOR Older adults
It’s not news that regular exercise plays a key role in healthy aging. Study after study demonstrates that older adults – from the fit to the frail – can experience a wide range of health and mental benefits from regular exercise. Despite this overwhelming evidence, a significant number of older adults are sedentary. Many are reluctant to exercise because of fears they will fall, experience pain or worsen an existing health condition.
The challenge for health and wellness professionals who work with older adults is to minimize these perceived barriers to exercise.
NuStep recumbent cross trainers may enhance your older adult fitness and wellness programs by providing an effective cardiovascular and strength workout. We designed our cross trainers to be inclusive and our optional adaptive equipment makes it possible for people with limited mobility, balance issues or cognitive decline to get the aerobic exercise they need.
Our recumbent cross trainers feature:
- Low step-through design (on the T5 cross trainer model series)
- StrideLock feature to make getting on and off easier
- Wheelchair-height seat that swivels 360 degrees and a grab ring for extra support
- Low impact stepping motion with user-controlled stride length
- Low-inertia start-up and multiple resistance levels